There’s no doubt about it — brand awareness is critical if you want to grow your business. Lucky for you the most effective tool for growing brand awareness is right at your fingertips: social media. So what can you do to optimize your social media and increase awareness for your brand? Don’t worry, we’re gonna lay it out for you.
Here are our top 5 tips on how to build brand awareness with social media .
1 – Know your audience – There are a LOT of people on social media, so you want to make sure that your brand is talking to the right ones… To get an idea of who your audience is and how they engage on social media , start doing your research.
- Search for relevant hashtags,
- Follow thought-leaders in your industry,
- See which social media channels the people you want to attract are active on
- Find out when they are active on social media
- Engage in conversations so that you know what your audience cares about.
2 – Ensure consistent branding across all platforms – Consistency is 🔑 when it comes to developing your brand on social media.
Keeping your branding consistent across all channels tells your audience that they’re in the right place and gives them the information they need quicker.
Here’s an easy way to achieve a consistent look and feel – Use similar banners and profile photos across all channels. Looking for an example? —Wild Oak Capital does an excellent job at consistent graphic designs for their content.
3 – Develop a unique brand voice – Say it loud and say it proud! Your voice is one of the most important tools when building brand awareness on social media. People on social media want to feel like they are talking to real people so let your personality come out freely and develop the tone and voice of your posts to reflect that. Again, the name of the game is consistency, so once you feel like you’ve settled into your brand voice, stick with it! Your audience will quickly recognize that voice as being associated with your brand.
4 – Join in on the Conversation – Don’t be shy! By joining in on the conversation with others in your industry can help you position your brand as an expert in the field. Remember social media should be social. Whether it’s joining a Facebook group or a quick chat in the comments on Instagram, joining in on the conversation will help expose you to new and relevant audiences.
5 – Measure your success – While there is no metric for brand awareness, there are plenty of different performance indicators available for you to use to see if your brand is getting the recall and recognition you want. Here are a few we like to focus on:
- Impressions – The number of times your content has been viewed, including repeats from a single person. If your content is being viewed repeatedly by the same people, it means that your creating content that is establishing brand recall
- Reach – The number of people who have viewed your content. Use this method to track how many people know who you are
- Engagement – The number of likes, comments, and shares your posts receive. This shows how much people interact with your content and how your brand resonates with them
So there you have it! If you’re looking for the first step in increasing brand awareness, social media is the way to go. Still feeling a little overwhelmed? Contact Psyche Digital for a social media consultation! We can provide a specific social media strategy to help build your brand awareness through social media and even help you manage your social media!